Skip to main content

Exploring Disney, without Kids

When I attended the Romantic Times convention in Vegas earlier this year, people kept saying "it's like Disney World for adults!" And I would think, um, no... Disney World is Disney World for adults. And you can't change my mind on that. It's my favorite place and I go frequently.

You might be thinking, why on earth would adults go to Disney World? To which I say, try it! Have all the fun without having to stop and wait in line to meet Mickey (unless, of course, that's what you want to do, no judging). I'm in the middle of a family trip to Disney World as this goes out, and I'm sure we're having a fabulous time. Yes, my kids are all grown up. We brought my daughter's boyfriend, too.

What I love about Disney without kids? The attractions, yes, but also the resort hotels. They all have different themes and unique shops and restaurants. Arguably, some of the best Disney restaurants are at the resorts and not in the parks. But also, there's World Showcase in Epcot. Eleven countries are represented, and there's great shopping, dining, drinking, and a few attractions along the way.

One of the most popular times for adults at Disney World is the fall, when they hold their annual Food & Wine Festival (which is awesome) but springtime has a Flower & Garden Festival, which I love, and you can still find great things around World Showcase. Like the Wine Walk!

Did you know they have a Wine Walk? For $20, you get a little passport listing wine choices and a sample of wines in Germany, Italy, and France (six two ounce samples total, one white and one red in each country). Fun! We usually start in Germany (lighter wines, like rieslings) and end in France with a bold Burgundy wine.  Italy along the way has some delightful crisp Pinot Grigio and the ever-popular sparkling Rosa Regale.

And you can pick up snacks related to the country you're in along the way to add to the experience, maybe some nice grapes and cheese, or caramel corn from Germany's Karamell Kuche, Italian chocolates, crepes in France.

Cheers! Hey, that's not wine. (That was me, spending a previous St. Patrick's Day around World Showcase). What's your favorite vacation spot? Do you enjoy Disney World? Have you been as an adult without kids? Can you name all the Epcot countries?



Comments

  1. I've been to Disney without my daughter too many times! It's starting to feel weird. I've been to the food and wine fest twice, and I'm pretty sure I can name all the Epcot countries--Mexico, China, Norway, Africa (continent, by the way), Germany, Italy, Morocco, Japan, France, Britain, Canada,

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister and I used to go together without husbands and kids every 2-3 years. I find it way more fun that way! Have gone with friends a couple of times too - sans kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have Epcot, but I used to love going to Disneyland/California Adventure (and no, we don't have kids) but it's gotten a little too pricey for me, no matter how much I love it there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment