Skip to main content

Romance virgins

I’ve written a few virgin characters over the years, including a few men. I thought in my last blog post here I’d look over a few first times.

Dai from Kiss of the Goblin Prince would have to be one of my most tortured heroes. I mean he waited nearly 2000 years to get free of the curse and finally meet someone. And even then he was wary. 

More recently there has been Kelly, a roadie who while he’d had girlfriends had his eye on a fellow male roadie—he got the first time nerves all over again with Jasper.

Out of Time had a virgin heroine…but she was up for almost anything. I liked her because she was no blushing, giggling girl. She knew what she wanted and she knew which lines she was ready to cross and when. 

Writing a virgin character can be a lot of fun. While there is always getting to know you nerves when characters get together, when a character has less experience it winds up the tension that little bit more. 

Who are your favourite romance virgins? Or do you hate virgin characters?

If you want to catch up with me online you can find me on twitter: @ShonaHusk
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shonahusk
My new release newsletter: http://mad.ly/signups/119074/join
Website: www.shonahusk.com

Comments

  1. I have no problem reading and writing about a virgin protagonist, but (for me) the scene has to be steeped in romance. Not necessarily candles and rose petals, but he wants the experience to be a good one for her and takes the time to make sure she's ready for it. OR vice versa. I wrote a virgin hero, but he was well aware of everything about 'the act'. Love was evident and that's what made it romantic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment