Skip to main content

Favorite Lines from Earls Just Want to Have Fun by Shana Galen


My new book, Earls Just Want to Have Fun, came out yesterday, and I want to use one of my favorite blog topics—favorite lines—to share it with you.

Chapter One

They never suspected one of their own.

Chapter Two

“Woman, I assure you, I have no designs on your virtue. Nothing you do could tempt me.”

Chapter Three

“Oh, they care,” she said, her voice strange and flat. “And if you care about your family and your pretty house, you’ll let me go before Satin comes for me.”

Chapter Four

He gave her a long look. He stared at her for such a length of time that she thought perhaps he’d had some sort of apoplectic fit and could not move again. “You really have no idea who it is you’re dealing with, do you?”

Chapter Five

That irked him even more than the fact that he’d woken to find her straddling him with a knife between her lips.

What’s your favorite line? Comment to win a digital copy of the novella that opens the series, Viscount of Vice (Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iBooks). Winner announced Sunday on this blog!



A master thief...
Marlowe runs with the Covent Garden Cubs, a gang of thieves living in the slums of Seven Dials. It's a fierce life, and Marlowe has a hard outer shell. But when she's alone, she allows herself to remember a forbidden time and name. 

A lord suffering from ennui...
Maxwell, Lord Dane, is bored with the same balls, the same debutantes, and the same demands from his mother. When an investigator locates the lost daughter of the Marquess of Lyndon, Dane is intrigued. He agrees to introduce the girl to Society and assist in tutoring her in etiquette, but the lady is a less than agreeable pupil. 

Descent into a criminal underworld...
Marlowe knows she'll never escape the Covent Garden Cubs. She's not safe, even among the diamonds and silks gracing the new King's ballroom. Satin, the gang's leader, plans a major racket and needs Marlowe's talents to succeed. When Dane stands in Satin's way, the earl enters a world of danger and violence, where the student has become the teacher and love is the greatest danger of all. 

Buy the Book:
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1C7E0o9
BAM: http://bit.ly/YzKJts
BN: http://bit.ly/1AQKate
Google Play: http://bit.ly/1pDGfre
iBooks: http://bit.ly/1pDGfre 
Indigo: http://bit.ly/1ycAdZk 
Kobo: http://bit.ly/1Br52c7
  

Comments

  1. "Woman, I assure you, I have no designs on your virtue. Nothing you do could tempt me.” Yeah sure show me a man that can't be tempted, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the knife between the lips. Living vicariously cus I'd never do that. Ow. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never do that either! But Marlowe is pretty tough.

      Delete
  3. I love that first line--so true. But the fifth one has me very intrigued. Decisions, decisions! I guess I'll have to read it all (next on my TBR list.) Thanks, Shana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #5

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Woman, I assure you, I have no designs on your virtue. Nothing you do could tempt me.”

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, Shana! Can't wait to read this. Love the quotes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That irked him even more than the fact that he’d woken to find her straddling him with a knife between her lips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He gave her a long look. He stared at her for such a length of time that she thought perhaps he’d had some sort of apoplectic fit and could not move again. “You really have no idea who it is you’re dealing with, do you?”

    ReplyDelete
  9. You'd think I'd learn by now not to drink anything while reading your favorite lines, Shana. I'm pretty sure there is some tea in my lungs right now. ;-) The chapter five line is great! (Unless you are drinking something)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'd think I'd learn by now not to drink anything while reading your favorite lines, Shana. I'm pretty sure there is some tea in my lungs right now. ;-) The chapter five line is great! (Unless you are drinking something)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment