Skip to main content

What Makes A Scot Hot? by Christy English

When I think about romance novelists and our penchant for Scottish men, I like to think of all the reasons we love them. What draws us to hot Scots time and time again, both as writers and as readers? I'm going to call on a few of my fellow Casablanca authors to answer this question.

1) Our Scottish heroes have both Brawn and Beauty...please refer to Amanda's cover below...


  Amanda Forrester


You see what I mean.

2) Our Scottish Higlanders always possess Inner Strength and Family Loyalty. The best example of this I know of is Grace Burrowes' fabulous Victorian Highland MacGregor series.

     Grace Burrowes
 
3) For the next two examples, I must admit that I am even more biased, because they are my own books.  My fictional Jack, and most of the Highlanders in our books, often combine Humor and Intelligence, two of my hot man Top Ten Desired Traits.
 


       Much Ado About Jack  
    Christy English        


4) In my new series, Terror of the Ton, coming out in sometime in 2015, Highlander brothers bring their wild, knife-wielding sister down to London to marry her off to an unsuspecting English lord, and end up setting the ton on its ear. These brothers possess the lovely qualities of Charm and Ingenuity, both traits they need to get their sister married off among the English.
 
In romance, every Highlander, no matter the time period, is going to be hot.



Christy English is happiest when she is dreaming. Her dreams have taken her to the royal court of Henry II in THE QUEEN’S PAWN, to medieval Paris in TO BE QUEEN, and now to Regency England in MUCH ADO ABOUT JACK, LOVE ON A MIDSUMMER NIGHT, and HOW TO TAME A WILFULL WIFE, where she loves to watch her characters find true love, often in spite of themselves. Please visit her on her blog  http://www.ChristyEnglish.com , on Twitter https://twitter.com/ChristyEnglish , or on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/christy.english.779

Comments

  1. OMG! What a fabulous premise for a book series. You're so creative, Christy. I always look forward to your books :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Shana! My hot Scots are having fun in London :)

      Delete
  2. Christy, you've definitely hit the highlights of what makes a fabulous Scottish hero. Excited to read Much Ado About Jack --and what a great cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, thank you so much for your sweet words. Scots have won my heart and it all started with JACK

      Delete
  3. I totally agree and those are all my favorite types of reads and I've read many of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough of it either :) Thanks for popping by :)

      Delete
  4. These are the reasons we all love reading highlander stores. Terror of the Ton sounds fabulous! Congratulations on your success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are so sweet :) I am looking forward to unleashing my Highlanders on an unsuspecting London LOL

      Delete
  5. Love, love your covers and yes, like Emily said, you have covered all the Scot hot spots!!! :) Love them dearly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those Scots...yum! And hot Jaguars aren't bad either ;)

      Delete
  6. The cover of Much Ado About Jack is one of my all-time favorites! Gotta love those Scots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Cheryl...JACK's cover still blows me away. Sourcebooks is amazing! And indeed, I do love those Scots :)

      Delete

Post a Comment