Skip to main content

Wedding Scenes!

by Danielle Jackson (soon to be Dresser)

As you are reading this post, I will actually be basking in the sun on my HONEYMOON! In light of my recent wedding, and for an end of the week pick me up, I thought I'd share some of my favorite wedding scenes from movies:

Sense and Sensiblity has always been my favorite of Austen's books, and this movie version by Ang Lee is also my favorite adaptation. The wedding scene at the end is very quick, but I love how each couple's personalities come across:

So, this one isn't technically a wedding, but wouldn't you love to be serenaded by Fred Astaire, near a beautiful church, wearing lovely clothes, like Audrey Hepburn's character in Funny Face? One of my all time favorite movies overall, but I always loved this scene:


This next scene, from Love Actually, is actually kind of sad, but I really love how gorgeous Keira Knightley looks in the film--how every bride wants to look! And both actors in this scene do a wonderful job of conveying emotions... realization and heartbreak.


And finally, for a bit of fun--the final scene in Bridesmaids. Enjoy!




What are some of your favorite wedding scenes from movies or books? Share them in the comments, and I'll "see" you all when I get back!

Comments

  1. Congrats on your new marriage, Danielle! All the best :)

    My favorite wedding scene is in Four Weddings and a Funeral when Rowan Atkinson's priest character is bungling his way through the ceremony. Kills me everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Loved the wedding scenes. You picked some great ones! I'm gonna go with the Four Weddings and a Funeral bit where Duck-Face decks Charles (Hugh Grant).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congratulations on becoming Danielle Dresser. And here's hoping your wedding and honeymoon created lots and lots of beautiful memories. We, Mr. B and I, did professional wedding photography for about 30 years so we've been privy to a lot of behind the scenes stuff that would rival most movies but my favorite will probably always be the engagement scene and then the wedding from Friends when Monica and Chandler go through the very real experience of getting engaged and married.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, Danielle! Congratulations to you! Hope it's a marvelous honeymoon.

    You picked some great wedding scenes. I'd also add the first wedding in Jane Eyre, where Jane THINKS she and Rochester are about to be married. It's not romantic or satisfying in the slightest, but it sure does pack a punch--and it changes the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your wedding was beautiful! When you get back I want to know where you went on your honeymoon. I want to see if you and my sister were in the same place. I swear you two are doppelgangers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, the one from Princess Bride is one of my favorites. "Mawwiage is what Bwings us here today!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Danielle!! Some of my favorite weddings are from Friends, the movie Sixteen Candles, and Father of the Bride.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Danielle! Off the top of my head, I can`t think of a wedding scene that hasn`t already been spoken of.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Brooklyn Ann -- The Princess Bride!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Mrs. Dresser :) I know your wedding went fabulously, enjoy the lovely beach weather and soak up that sun!

    One of my favorite wedding scenes is from The Quiet Man...it ends in a fight LOL and then there's the one from What a Girl Wants...love it when they get on the camel and ride away--not quite the same as getting on a horse, but it's great :)

    ReplyDelete

  11. It's very difficult to stumble upon the right essay service for your college needs. That's why reddit lovers prefer
    https://www.reddit.com/r/HomeworkCentral/comments/f1s0yq/how_to_choose_the_right_essay_writing_service_on/

    ReplyDelete
  12. With such praiseworthy reforms incorporated in the education framework, we, at Lotus Valley, are positive that the students will certainly find a more secure way ahead. UP Board 12th Model Paper 2021

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment