Skip to main content

Book launch! How to Date a Dragon is here!


 

As with any book, there are glitches and stories behind the story. A series has a whole new set of pitfalls to be ready for. My first series was called Strange Neighbors (and can still be ordered from major retailers and etailers.) My second series--Flirting with Fangs--is coming out now. Both are trilogies. Flirting with Fangs is a spin-off of the Strange Neighbors series, but my books can be enjoyed in any order. 

About this series...Funny true story—

This latest book How to Date a Dragon was coming along swimmingly. I was so happy with how well it was flowing out of my head and onto the page, I should have been suspicious! There are always difficulties involved. So where were they?

Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I just rode the wave and kept my agent up to date with an occasional email. At last, I could see the end in sight! Woo Hoo! I wrote to my editor to let her know the dragon story was almost finished and would be ready a few days ahead of deadline. I thought she’d be thrilled.

Then she wrote back and asked, “You mean the vampire story?”

Huh?

In the proposal, there was indeed a vampire story, but I had planned that to be story #3. I double checked the contract and it only specified “book 1” by a certain date, “book 2” by another date and “book 3” by a third date.

I immediately looped my agent in on it. First, of course, I freaked out. “Oh my God! Are you telling me I’ve spent the last four months writing the wrong book? Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”

She peeled me off the ceiling and said everything would be okay. We just needed to clarify a few things.

Apparently, my publisher had been expecting the vampire story and marketing had saved an October slot for it—Vampires have become a Halloween staple, so that would have been a timely release. Except someone forgot to tell the author! LOL

Yeah, I can laugh about it…now!  

Fortunately, because the book was ready a little early, they were just as happy giving it a September release date and waiting for my vampire story to arrive by the next deadline. Whew! Therefore the whole series will be complete by March of 2014.

I’ll be at the wonderful Coastal Magic Conference in Daytona Beach Florida in Feb. and will be signing the first two books in this series. I’ll give a signed book plate to those who want one for book #3, which will release two weeks later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

So…what else would you like to know about the series? Okay, there are a couple of important things. The Sept 3rd release is book 2 in the Flirting with Fangs series from Sourcebooks. Book 1 Flirting Under a Full Moon was released in April. And there will be a third book in March of 2014 called Kissing with Fangs. All take place in my beloved Boston in the Beacon Hill area. You can find all major buy links on my website: http://www.ashlynchase.com
 
Flirting Under a Full Moon, an April 2013 release, is available now!
 
 
Kissing with Fangs will be released in March of 2014
 
 
Series arc. Anthony Cross is a vampire who believes that different paranormal factions would get along if they’d only get to know each other. So he opens a bar in Boston’s classy Beacon Hill area as a safe place for paranormals to congregate and socialize. Since immortals don’t seem to need or want wait-staff jobs Anthony has to hire humans. The #1 rule for all paranormals is to keep humans ignorant of their existence. But when the human staff begin to fall for some of the regulars, they could be in for the shock of their mortal lives!

 
 

Comments

  1. You're kidding? I would have freaked out too.

    Looks like a great book and I'm glad everything worked out. I bet you were wiping the sweat from your brow with that revelation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats n the release! I love that title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Victoria. It was a test of my emergency serenity system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Shana!

    I wish I could take credit for the title, but Leah thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah. Total freak out! Glad you were able to get it straightened out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did something similar, Ash. I was working full time, and I came up with the idea for A SEAL Wolf Christmas and took off running. It was one of those that I couldn't stop writing, and then, it was done!!! I turned it in and I was asked where Jaguar Fever was. Huh? I had given notice at my job, but still had Anaheim Nationals to go to and was working a month beyond that, and wrote 40,000 words, and it wasn't working for me at all. Came home, dumped the whole story, and started over again. And that time, no problem! Got it turned in by deadline, and now I kind of check to see which is coming first. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember that which does not kill us makes us stronger. I bet you could have lifted a two ton armored tank that day without breaking a sweat!
    Congrat's on the release and love your titles and covers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kissing With Fangs looks Fantastic!
    I've read How to Date a Dragon already and it is a definite must-read!

    Always a pleasure reading your posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Terry!
    I'm amazed you got both done even after scrapping 40,000 words! My hat's off to you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping in, Venus! It's always a pleasure to read your comments too!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy wow, that's an exciting story and one hot cover!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment